e - Rostering System Manager (Band 7)
To be responsible for the trust wide operational performance, management and development of the electronic rostering system for all staff groups
To provide ongoing support and advice to system users and act as the Trust lead in the maintenance of the system including upgrades and new version releases.
To have direct responsibility for managing clinical and technical issues which arise with the system on a day to day basis.
To manage the e-Rostering Team and systems to ensure a fully integrated and robust rostering service.
To develop robust systems for the purpose of staff training and development, document control, audit, evaluation and monitoring of system maintenance and upgrades.
To act as system expert across the organisation and facilitate the sharing of best practice by representing the trust at regional and national user groups and hosting site visits.
To manage the business as usual medical rostering functions.
To undertake tasks as specified on the Project Implementation Plan to ensure all actions are
compliant with the required timescales and deadlines.
To participate in the process of benefits realisation arising from any changes made by collecting
systems data and user information to measure the benefits realised and achievement of
Temporary: Expected to last 6 months with possible extension
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £23 to £25 per hour (Umbrella) or £19.89 to £22.76 per hour (PAYE inclusive of holiday)
* To take the lead role in working with ward/unit/service managers in regards to the e-Rostering system and functionality across all staff group
* Proactively engage with all stakeholders and ensure effective and positive communication with regards to the changes required to successfully maintain the e-Rostering system
* To act as the Information Asset Owner and be responsible for the proper and safe use of the e-Rostering system and software by all users across the trust by ensuring data integrity and database security.
* To ensure optimal system management and performance in relation to the interfaces with existing systems including ESR.
* To act as trust lead in the relationship with the software suppliers and developers.
* To liaise with the supplier to coordinate maintenance and service arrangements to ensure that effective and continuous support is provided across all directorates.
* Ensure accurate workforce and financial data is available across all wards/units/service areas. This will necessitate liaison with Systems Managers in Human Resources and Finance.
* Ensure the e-Rostering Team participate in mandatory training and appraisal in line with Trust policy
PRIMARY DUTIES & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
* Responsible for the day to day project and change management during the implementation of any new areas.
* Work through individual phases of the implementation plan with relevant Directorate staff and managers planning, arranging and holding events to ensure actions occur in accordance with the required timescales and deadlines.
* Assist the Clinical Implementation Manager in the delivery of data workshops to configure local rules and templates for each ward/unit in accordance with the Trust Roster Management Guidelines.
* System communication strategy
* Develop regular staff briefing materials in different media to communicate the phases and key milestones any new implementation
* Provide focus and motivation to appropriate directorate staff to promote and secure agreement and commitment to the project aims and objectives
* Act as an e-Rostering champion and be an effective communicator at all levels across the organisation.
* To be responsible for the planning, design and implementation of training programmes in all aspects of e-Rostering including new starters as part of their induction and the continual training of existing staff in changes and improvements to the system.
* To produce supporting materials and conduct training sessions for ward managers and other roster creators in the e-Rostering software application and reporting elements.
* Develop local system user manuals to accommodate bespoke rostering arrangements as required.
* Attend meetings at a senior level as System Lead.
* Prepare a reporting schedule and publish and circulate database reports and a KPI dashboard in accordance with report deadlines.
* Act as a functional e-roster system expert internally for the Trust.
* Identify and propose changes to working practices in order to fully realise the benefits of the rostering system.
* Challenge and persuade others to change their working practices negotiating compromise as required to maximise the potential benefits of the system and associated technology.
* Identify development requirements in relation to the software to ensure the Trusts rostering requirements are met