RSR Police, part of the Red Snapper Group is a trusted recruitment partner to UK policing and Law Enforcement Agencies. We recruit job profession from all sectors to provide organisation the talent to deliver effective and efficient policing.
The National Crime Agency (NCA), a national law enforcement agency has an opportunity available for a Digital Forensics Field Officer to work on a 9-month agency assignment based Tolworth.
As the Digital Forensic Field Officer, you will respond to the growing requirement for the forensic acquisition of digital devices in line with ISO 17020 and presents a specialist capability for the NCA.
This position is £16.35 per hour PAYE plus agency benefits.
Responsibilities as a Digital Forensics Field Officer include:
* Conduct scene based forensic acquisition of items in order to obtain optimum intelligence/evidence recovery.
* Work to ISO 17020 standards for scene based forensics.
* Ensure the integrity and continuity of items by correct handling, storage and documentation.
* Provide specialist advice and guidance on a range of digital investigation related opportunities.
* Provide support to core investigative functions including disclosure, exhibit handling/management, and presentation of written and oral evidence.
* Triage and acquisition of a variety of digital media in an array of scene locations.
* Ensure the quality, secure handling and dissemination of intelligence and evidential material, maintaining confidentiality, sensitivity and duty of care.
* Conduct case management, and create, maintain and update departmental records, including operational or programme activity spreadsheets, case files and monthly reports.
* Build and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external partners.
* Work to Quality Management principals in order to achieve and maintain appropriate regulated standards.
Experience & Skills
* Foundation digital forensics certification/computer forensics degree or relevant digital forensics work experience
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Experience in obtaining volatile digital evidence and the ability to disassemble and assemble digital devices
* Experience in digital forensic working practices, including the ability to use digital forensic hardware and software competently
* Interpretation and application of relevant legislation
* Experience of investigations
* Proven experience of analysing information from a wide range of sources
* Proven knowledge of relevant standards in relation to the Forensic Science Regulators Code of Practice and Conduct, and experience in an accredited environment (ISO17020/17025) supporting customer requirements
* A good understanding of disclosure and exhibit handling procedures
* A good understanding of relevant legislation affecting Agency activity with a particular emphasis of legislation affecting digital evidence
* Good knowledge of disclosure/exhibit procedures with a particular emphasis on search and seizure best practice of digital evidence
* Knowledge of ACPO principles in relation to 'Good Practice Guide for Computer-Based Electronic Evidence'
* ISO 17025/17020 awareness
If you would like to apply for this Digital Forensics Field Officer position and have the relevant experience, then please apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer him or her. We have a referral bonus scheme and will reward you with retail vouchers for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to police, criminal justice, public and commercial sector employers.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer