Job Title: Lead Engineer- Human Factors
Salary: £48,000- £53,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world's leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Lead Engineer- Human Factors based at their site in Christchurch, Dorset.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
As part of the Air division, you will be part of a team who are developing and evolving the technologies that will defend the UK for future generations and supporting customers around the globe.
As a Lead Engineer- Human Factors, you will work in a multidisciplinary team carrying out diverse tasks including long term strategic projects, applied studies and consultancy support for internal and external clients. You will be responsible for the provision and management of Human Factors support in the design of Defence Information (DI) products and services through all lifecycle phases.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects and business development activities with a diverse range of user groups. This could range from projects supporting design of next generation fighter aircraft; design of interface technologies for the British Army; to undertaking cutting edge research as part of the Human Social Sciences Research Capability (HSSRC).
* Providing and managing HF integration and engineering services to support the design and delivery of DI products and services (analysis, design and test/evaluation)
* Supporting other project functions as required e.g. supporting safety case development
* Supporting research opportunities, conducting analysis and producing HF reports
* Networking with the HF community within the company and externally to raise the profile, awareness and credibility of the DI Human Factors & Training Team
* Networking strategically among the end-user community in the company and externally to raise awareness of the DI Human Factors & Training Team and identify/ develop new business opportunities
* Maintaining and developing own and colleagues' HF and training competencies, including mentoring junior staff and providing professional development opportunities
* Relocation package available
* Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
* Overtime available
* Flexible working
* 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years' service/ 27 days after 10 years' service
* Bonus based on company performance
* Shared Incentive Plan
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
* Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
* Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in Human Factors/Ergonomics/Psychology
* Experience of working with other functions on large-scale, complex system development and integration projects
* Experience of leading HF activities and applying human factors methods in a defence or other high-hazard, regulated industry e.g. Rail, automotive, nuclear
* Experience of working on short duration, applied research and consultancy support projects
* Demonstrable understanding of systems engineering lifecycle processes and the integration of HF activities
* You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build networks and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* An innovative and confident leader, you will be able to foster a positive team spirit and will be flexible with a 'can do' attitude.
* Chartered membership of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors, British Psychological Society or equivalent body.
* Experience of working with Defence Standards, Military Standards, International regulations and commercial standards
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team...
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search 'Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs