Our Client is a growing and fast-paced Top 100 independent accountancy, financial planning and insolvency practice operating across the Thames Valley, the Chilterns and London, as well as internationally as part of the DFK global association. They have a strong focus on innovation and industry best-practice, with our clients ranging from private clients to ambitious and high-growth owner-managed businesses and international subsidiaries. We also have specialist teams who act for those operating within the Medical and Real Estate sectors.
With offices in Oxford and London, our client is in two of the UK's key investment hubs and have around 100 team members in total. Using leading-edge technology, their strategy is to deliver a personal and expert service to the highest standards.
The Outsourcing division, which provides their clients the full range of accounting and back office services, is one of the fastest growing in their practice and as such they we are looking for an Outsourcing Junior.
This is a full-time permanent position based in Oxford.
We are currently looking for an Outsourcing Junior to join our growing Outsourcing division in our Oxford office. This is a full-time permanent position.
• Building productive working relationships.
• Using a variety of accounting software packages including CCH, Sage and Xero
• Assisting with the preparation of management accounts and completion of VAT returns
• Preparing opening balance journals
• Processing sales and purchase invoices and reconciling the bank account
• Developing and applying your technical knowledge through on the job training and formal qualifications
What our client can offer you:
• Competitive salary and benefits package including flexible working, pension, life assurance and a fantastic retail discount scheme
• Generous holiday allowance + ability to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
• Full funding and support to complete the AAT qualification, including study leave & time off for exams
• Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
• An experienced manager to support your development and provide day to day guidance
• A Buddy to help you get up to speed during your first few months
• Modern, refurbished, open plan office
• A comprehensive induction to help you get up to speed
You must have at least 2 years' experience working either in a varied industry role or UK accountancy practice preferably in an outsourcing team. You will also have:
• Educated to A Level or higher e.g. degree
• AAT qualified or part qualified
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent IT skills, specifically Xero and able to pick up new software packages very quickly
• A positive, confident and proactive attitude
• Ability to prioritize and meet tight timeframes with high quality output
• Enjoy working as part of a team and self-motivated
• QuickBooks Online, Sage and CCH experience would be an advantage