* SECURE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
* CASH RICH BUSINESS
* BUSINESS CONTINUING TO GROW RAPIDLY VIA ACQUISITION
Our client is a leader in their field and continuing to grow rapidly via acquisition. With a current headcount of c400 they are an entrepreneurial business with strong family friendly values. They are looking for a very experienced Java Developer to join their growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to migrate their remaining core applications from Perl and/or C# to Java Spring with JS user interfaces. You must have previous experience of working on real-time applications preferably within a telco or ecommerce environment. In addition you must have expert Java skills and experience in developing real-time applications, an appetite for designing and implementing good software code and be able to present your ideas to your peers and the senior management team.
Skills and Experience
* Proven commercial experience with Java8+
* In depth knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate and other de-facto-standard technologies; including open source frameworks
* Knowledge of communications protocols and the use of messaging in event driven systems, real-time etc
* Experience creating APIs and Microservices
* Excellent knowledge of programming best practices, design patterns etc.
* Perform technical research and write functional design specifications.
* Write well designed, testable and efficient code.
* Experience working with relational databases (Postgres/MySQL/etc.)
* Good problem investigation and technical debugging skills.
* Docker and orchestration platforms like Kubernetes experience.
* Experience providing peer code reviews and a natural desire to lead by example
* Superb analytical skills, self-directed, excellent communication skills with engineers and non-engineers, strong team ethic, and pays close attention to detail
* Work with Head of IT and Management team to ensure systems developed are best in class
* Knowledge of continuous integration
* Automated testing
* Perl frameworks (Mojolicious, Catalyst)
* PostgreSQL, MSSQL, JPA
* Redis, MongoDB, Spring Data
* Linux, Maven, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, JMS
If you feel you have the skills and experience, please upload your CV in the first instance