Aquilo recruitment are currently recruiting for a top market leader for a successful product test and evaluation manager, if you are looking for a role where you can grow and help the company grow this is the role for you:
This is a superb career opportunity to join a long established highly successful market leader which has continued to drive strong growth during the pandemic supplying electrical and mechanical tools and machinery within the UK and export worldwide.
You will focus on managing a growing team of engineers evaluating new and existing products, compiling test reports and supporting the Technical Departments and product buyers. This position is a high-profile role within the organisation and requires the substantial experience necessary to meet the expectations of the business.
The successful candidate should already have knowledge of the product range plus hands-on experience.
This is a practical role with plenty of scope to grow the department and improve processes which will increase the speed of bringing new products to market. This position is ideally suited to a qualified Mechanical or Electrical Engineer who is currently working as a Test Manager and has previously been a test engineer.
Main responsibilities and Tasks:
• Managing our existing test facility and test engineers in order to increase the output of this department and further develop its capacity to cope with planned expansion.
• Conducting product testing for fit, form and function of new products
• Determine if products meet the manufacturer's specifications.
• Judging product build quality and compiling reports/findings on all tests conducted with feedback to buyers and suppliers.
• Ensure that electrical & mechanical testing for safety, design, performance and compliance of products is carried out within agreed commercial timescales.
• Updating product test logs and technical files
• Create product construction files, declarations of conformity and technical briefs of new products and the existing product range
• Responsible for ensuring that products, procedures and documents meet directives, product standards and EU/UK legislation and to keep relevant departments informed of changes and requirements
• Ensure corrective actions raised on product evaluations are resolved, checked and prioritised
• Supporting various departments with technical questions and queries regarding products
• Working with third party test houses when and where required to bring new products to the market
• Liaison with statutory departments to ensure full product compliance of product range
• Maintain excellent working relationships throughout the business at all levels
Competencies and Attributes:
• Must be qualified to a minimum of HND/HNC or City & Guilds level in mechanical / electrical engineering
• The ideal applicant will have proven in-depth experience of performance testing across a variety of electrical and mechanical products for consumer & professional markets, together with knowledge of compliance to the Machinery, EMC and Low Voltage Directives, RoHS, PAH's and REACH
• Must have good understanding of electromechanical tools and machinery
• Knowledge and understanding of product standards, directives and legislation in terms of product design, functionality and safety, in relation to electrical and mechanical tools and machinery
• Experience of working on imported electrical consumer products
• Computer literate with Microsoft Office systems, with good communication and report writing skills
• Strong work ethic & fully committed to developing the output of the Test Department
• Works well under pressure
• Highly commercially aware
• Highly competitive salary package
• Working in a secure and financially strong market leading company
• Annual salary review
• Bi-annual bonus based on performance
• 20 days holiday plus 8 statutory holidays
• Company Contribution Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance