Project Engineer / Project Manager - Electrical bias - Durham - £45,000 basic - Company Car - Expenses - 25 days holiday
V7 recruitment are currently working with a rapidly expanding business who specialise in several heavy engineering fields.
Due to growth over the past 6 months, they are now expanding their management team and are keen to employ a highly experienced Electrical Engineer who has worked their way up to either Project Engineer or Project Manager.
The business specialises on a range of equipment which includes, but is not limited to; specialist pipework, fuel systems, valves, pumps and motors so experience in these areas is key.
The right person will see themselves working on multiple projects around the UK at any one time and be the focal point for anything Electrical related on said projects. You will support from initial project feasibility and work through each project until final handover. Project experience is key and the project engineer / manager must have proven experience seeing projects from cradle to the grave.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Must have excellent electrical install and design knowledge including Siemen PLC experience
* Water, process industry is preferred with knowledge of flow, level instruments, pressure regulators, actuated control etc
* ATEX/hazardous/COMPEX working knowledge an advantage as they design and build fuel transfer solutions
* Able to review, design and prepare all electrical documents for submittal, including installation schematics, block diagrams and P&ID's
* Fuel system knowledge is not essential as they have experienced engineers who would assist with design development, but this would be highly beneficial
* Required to work closely in a team environment, manage projects from concept to completion and manage the in-house team
* The role would involve some travel around the UK with possible travel overseas so the person must be flexible
* Proven work history as either an electrical biased Project Engineer or Project Manager
* Electrical qualifications; NVQ, City & Guilds, HNC or HND
* SMSTS would be advantageous but not essential
* Experience working on ICA works (Instrumentation, Controls & Automation)
* Client facing experience is key as you will be heading up the electrical side of the business
The opportunity and package
* £45,000 basic salary (DOE)
* Company car and fuel card
* Opportunity to grow within the business. Company are going through a great period at present so plenty of chance for internal opportunities to progress up the ladder
* 33 days holiday (incl Bank Hols)
* Chance to work on a variety of projects and multiple projects at any one time
* Act as a consultant to the business where your voice is heard
Job titles considered - Project Engineer, Project Manager, ICA Engineer, Electrical Engineer, MEICA Engineer, Electrical Manager, Head of Projects, Senior Project Engineer, Senior Electrical Engineer, EICA Engineer, EICA Manager, Manager of Projects, General Manager, Systems Manager.
Commutable locations - Middlesbrough, Hartlepool, Darlington, Sunderland, Durham, Redcar, South Shields, Northallerton, Thornaby, Scarborough, Harrogate.
V7 Recruitment are an equal opportunities employer and are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy