Our market leading materials handling client is looking for an experienced Project Manager with experience in design, costing and delivery of automated material handling projects. The opportunity requires UK wide travel with a focus on the Midlands and North West but as the role can be home based you can live anywhere in the UK.
* Assist in the engineering design of integrated materials handling solutions.
* Prepare detailed technical and engineering specifications.
* Assist in the preparation of contract conditions.
* Evaluate sub-contractor design specifications and quotations.
* Award subcontract packages following order receipt.
* Represent the business on site during installation and implementation.
* Take full responsibility for all aspects of installation works.
* Ensure all works comply with current H & S regulations.
* Prepare and maintain project schedules using critical path analysis and methodology.
* Prepare, review and maintain cost schedules throughout the project life cycle.
* Ensure project contractual obligations are met and financial procedures are adhered to.
* Ensure project work is undertaken following group guidelines.
* Provide general technical support to the sales teams including site surveys.
* Provide support and carry out additional duties as direct by the Head of Project Management as required.
* Technical project management background
* Similar previous automated equipment implementation experience
* Good negotiation and presentation skills with both customers & suppliers