Aim of the role
Our service and support teams provide a complex mix of both customer and technical support for a range of technology products and managed services including Data Backup/Recovery, IP Network Services, Voice Communications and Data Centre Server Hosting.
You will be a key member of our Management Team where the Tech Support Manager will be responsible for the management of the 2nd line Tech Support (including 24x7) teams in the UK (c17) and also have functional management of the team in Hyderabad (c19).
The role is a hands-on management position with responsibility for the smooth running of the teams and 2nd Line support around the clock. You will work closely with Offshore Management Teams as well as the Customer Services Manager (Service Desk) and 3rd line Support Managers to ensure all Redcentric customers receive the highest possible levels of service and that the needs of the Service Support team are met and catered for.
We are looking for someone who can lead by example and strive to implement Operational/Service Improvements.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
* Manage, and work closely with the Team Leader, supervise the Tech Support team during core business hours to ensure that all work schedules are completed to a consistently high standard and within pre-determined parameters. Where necessary, re-prioritising those schedules and subsequent deployment of available resources when circumstances dictate
* Ensure that all shifts teams are being fully utilised through co-ordinating and working with the four shift leaders to ensure that all shift requirements are being met in and out of hours
* Be an active member of the Operations Management Team where you will be expected to work collaboratively with other Business Teams
* Embrace Service Improvement through Change e.g., automation and workflow activities
* You will be responsible for ensuring that all team members have a thorough understanding of supported systems/toolsets and associated troubleshooting / problem resolution skills, in order that the team can function effectively
* Coaching Engineers and Team Leaders to ensure that 'best practice' disciplines are carried out at all times and the projection of a professional image and service excellence is portrayed to all internal and external customers
* Promoting ITIL based working practices and ensuring all team members are ITIL Foundation certified
* Ensure training and development needs of all team members are identified and addressed, providing feedback and secondments where possible
* Keeping abreast of all product developments/issues and Delivery issues which could affect the performance and effectiveness of the tea
* Conduct team appraisals and performance reviews in conjunction with the Team Leader and Shift leaders.
* Coordinating and chairing regular team meetings
* Act as an escalation point for internal and external customers
* Customer liaison and proactive account management to project a professional image of the support organization
* Close liaison with 3rd party service providers and Supplier management e.g., BT, Virgin
* Generation of customer and/or management reports where necessary
* Adherence to Redcentric Solutions Limited ISO09001, ISO27001, ISO22301, ISO20001 and ISO14001 certification standards
* Ensure the Major Incident Process is followed, as and when required and manage this through to resolution
* Joining the Out of Hours on-call rota as a Major Incident Manager
* Attending customer meetings when required, some offsite
Key Skills and Competancies
* Exceptional Customer engagement skills
* Previous leadership skills or experience managing Technical teams
* Good Technical knowledge and experience including broadband and ethernet technologies
* Wide knowledge of Change and Problem management
* Effective problem diagnosis skills
* Must be flexible and work as part of a team
* Strong interpersonal and customer services skills
* An intelligent self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative to solve problems
* A forward thinker with an eye to identify new training and development needs of the team
* Strong self-motivator and the ability to motivate others
Hours of Work
The company's standard hours of work are Monday to Thursday 9.00am - 5.30 pm with one hour for lunch, and Friday 9.00am-3.30pm with one hour for lunch. However due to the nature of the role flexibility will be required both before and after these times to meet operational needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
There will be a requirement in the future to join the Major Incident Team (1 in 5) out of hours to act as Major Incident Manager out of hours