Classroom Tutor (Warehousing and Logistics)
Salary £24,000 - £26,000
Reporting to: IQA/Course Leader
The post holder will effectively deliver vocational employability programmes whilst creating a positive, safe learning environment to support learners to achieve their full potential throughout the transition into employment.
* Deliver the agreed classroom qualifications in accordance with the scheme of work - including Warehousing, Lean Manufacturing Techniques & Cleaning & Support Services.
* Monitor attendance and performance of the learners on an ongoing basis and effectively report to management
* Ensure all on-programme paperwork is completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner
* Timely completion of assessment materials and documentation to meet awarding body, audit and organisational requirements
* Deliver information, advice and guidance to all learners, to help them make informed choices about their future and jointly create a detailed Action Plan with clear milestones.
* Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of classroom resources and processes
* Build referral links and develop relationships with key referral organisations.
* Identify relevant progression opportunities for learners
* Provide a high-quality service to both internal and external stakeholders to ensure positive feedback through the Company self-assessment process and quality improvement strategy.
* Maintain effective and accurate administration, recording information, producing reports as required and updating MI Systems and adhering to the Data Protection Act and confidentiality procedures at all times.
* Promote all Contracts, providing information to learners and establishing a working relationship with organisations such as the Job Centres, local employer groups and voluntary organisations, in order to produce work placement and job opportunities.
* Act on behalf of both Pin Point Training and the contract partner and enhance all parties' reputations.
* Develop and maintain a good understanding of provision available, agencies related to employment access and the local labour market.
* Work in close dialogue with all partner organisations and other support agencies to ensure that referrals as a priority are given to Pin Point Training, rather than our competitors.
* Ensure all quality and compliance systems, processes and guidelines are followed as part of the day-to-day activity ensuring compliance errors are kept to a minimum to ensure the business is risk free.
* Ensure that you work to the Pin Point Training's vision, values, objectives and priorities and are strongly committed to them
* Understand and adhere to all responsibilities to ensure that the quality requirements of Pin Point Training's Quality Assurance Framework, the prime contractor, funding body, OFSTED, DWP Quality Framework, or any other contract stakeholder, are maintained
* Promote the principles of Equality and Diversity and ensure that the policy is fully always applied
* Understand and be committed to all personal responsibilities under Health & Safety and Safeguarding procedures, and ensure that the policies are always adhered to
* Ensure that the Code of Conduct, Data Protection, Harassment & Bullying, Confidentiality, Anti-Fraud, Data Security, and all other policies of the Company are fully applied at all times
* Adhere to all Pin Point Training processes and procedures
* Ensure individual expertise and subject area knowledge is up to date through Continuous Personal Development, including sharing good practice, engaging with training, and acquiring / maintaining any individual qualifications required for the role.
* Work flexibly across offices, as and when directed by line managers.
* As necessary, and in addition to the above, undertake other activities commensurate with the nature of the post.
Experience and Qualifications
Minimum 2 years' experience in teaching/training Employability, Warehousing & Lean Manufacturing Techniques in a classroom environment
A recognised teaching certificate e.g. PGCE, Cert Ed, PTTLS or DTTLS
Experience of providing and managing information, advice & guidance services
Knowledge of barriers that can affect candidates' progression into work
Ability to encourage and motivate learners
Good understanding of the local labour market and employment issues
Ability to problem solve and adapt and respond to various situations.
Flexible approach to the demands of the role and to achieve the required results.
Good communication, presentation, organisational and interpersonal skills.
Good IT knowledge or the willingness to develop and undergo any necessary training.
Willingness to travel within the identified area as well as to attend training events.
All Pin Point Training employees are required to demonstrate a number of core competencies
Self management - manage workload effectively
Relationship management - develop and maintain productive relationships with your Team, Management, Clients, Partners, Sub contractors and all key stakeholders.
Customer focused - committed to understanding client aspirations, supporting their needs.
Attitudes & Behaviours
Represent Pin Point Training in a professional manner on all occasions.
Strive to improve practice to be creative and innovative and work towards continuous improvement
To adopt a co-operative approach to delivery by maintaining and promoting effective communications, sharing good practice across the organisation and with externally.
Pin Point Training is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners/customers and expects staff to share this commitment.
All Roles will require a basic DBS Disclosure check due to the nature of the work to be undertaken.
Apply to Helen at our Head Office Training team