PHL Group Ltd
At the heart of PHL Group Ltd lies a strong entrepreneurial culture that encourages role development, creative problem solving and promotes a strong work ethic. By keeping things simple, we strive to make life easier for our customers. We focus on what's important and nothing else, we solve real world problems, and we treat our customers, and each other, as we want to be treated.
We work in small autonomous teams that are passionate about delivering exceptional service. We recognise achievements over qualifications. We value ideas and opinions on their merit, not the status of the person who holds them.
This role is ideal for someone who is willing to make significant changes in processes and procedures within the organisation to ensure accurate financial data is recorded. It will involve working closely with the board of directors to bring about meaningful change that adds value to the company.
Finance Manager - Full time
Reporting to: Board of Directors
* Daily reporting
* Analysing targets
* Meeting with department heads
* Managing and coordinating monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasts
* Providing back office services such as accounts payable, collection, payroll and credit control
* Monitoring cash flow
* Providing insights on the financial health of the organisation.
* Ensuring the business meets all its statutory and compliance obligations, including statutory accounting and tax issues.
* Keeping track of market trends.
* Looking for and implementing cost-reduction opportunities.
* Developing relationships with external contacts such as auditors, banks, solicitors and HM Revenue & Customs.
* Supervising staff.
* Managing budgets and providing forecasts for the business
* Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
* Championing Health and Safety and Good Distribution Practice within the work force
Required Experience and Qualifications:
* Experience in a commercial environment (i.e. paying external customers)
* A recognised accounting qualification at diploma level or higher
* Comprehensive demonstrable experience of using Xero: Payroll, Holiday, Projects, Reporting etc
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a variety of functional partners
* Excellent leadership, project management, and time management skills
* High-impact, effective communicator able to convey information at all levels of the organization possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Financial planning, budgeting and expense control experience
* Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty, able to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations
* Must have strong business knowledge and experience with the ability to provide reports and analysis of financial position and forecasts, develop and implement strategic plans within the context of the larger picture
* Technology-savvy with strong computer skills to lead and drive internal technology based financial improvements