Job Type: Permanent
Location: Flexibility to work in Sheffield, York or Leeds
Charleston Recruitment is proud to be working with a well-established Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Mixed Tax Manager to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Tax Director, the role would ideally suit a Qualified Accountant or CTA/ATT Tax Specialist from another mid- or top-tier Accountancy practice.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate strong Personal & Corporate Tax compliance & advisory expertise.
Key duties include:
• Working with the Tax team on corporate & personal tax compliance and advisory assignments.
• Providing advice to clients on various matters from EIS/SEIS applications, restructurings, EMI schemes, remuneration planning, share buy-backs & IHT planning.
• Dealing with a portfolio of high net worth individuals and those with more complex affairs including non-residents.
• Preparation/review of P11D forms for a portfolio of businesses.
• Be the point of contact on specific R&D projects.
• Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients and dealing with HMRC enquiries into tax returns.
• Ensuring that the quality of corporate & personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adheres to the Firm's quality standards.
• Preparation of self-assessment tax returns and supporting Partners with more complex tax returns.
• Preparing and filing personal tax returns with HMRC, ensuring you meet all legal deadlines.
• Providing solutions to technical issues and being able to demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant project areas.
• Development of innovative tax solutions in conjunction with the Tax Partner to both Business Entrepreneurs/OMB clients and wealthy individuals.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
Previous experience of managing your own portfolio and working with some complex tax cases is required, and you must possess excellent team-working and relationship building skills.
A strong accountant and tax specialist, you should ideally be CTA and/or ACA/ACCA qualified.
If you are seeking a move to a firm where wider responsibilities, personal ownership and a broader client base will be made available to you, then this is the perfect role for you!
To apply for the position or for more information, please contact us directly