We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant (12 Month Fixed Term Contract) to be based at Bradgate Bakery - Ashton Green.
Bradgate Bakery is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
The Assistant Management Accountant is responsible for daily labour and material variances, producing weekly accounts for Cold Call and assisting with Weekly accounts for Bradgate Bakery.
* Preparation of daily labour analysis for review by the Management Accountant, for distribution every weekday morning.
* Preparation of daily material variances for review by the Management Accountant, for distribution every weekday morning.
* Assist the Management Accountant in preparation of Bradgate Bakery weekly accounts, including material cost of sales, preparation of reports for input to Cognos, gross margin analysis, labour summaries and analysis, and commentary.
* Analysis of temporary labour invoices against weekly accounts expectation.
* Preparation and distribution of overhead costs and variances.
* To communicate with the Management Accountant as to ad hoc tasks that need to be performed as they arise, to ensure that all work is being covered.
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
* GCSE Grade C or above Maths and English or working towards an Accountancy qualification
* Previous experience within an accounts department, preferably for a large company
* Experience within a busy accounts department
* Excellent communication skills.
* Self-motivated and have the ability to work independently without direct supervision.
* Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
What we have to offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme 'Quality Life' that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets