Head of Finance and OperationsLondonClosing Date:
£100,000 Position Type:
About Our Client
- Great opportunity to help build operational infrastructure in a growth business
- Helping over 1 million energy customers across the GB to low carbon transition
Established in 2016 our client was specifically set-up with the sole purpose of finding an industry-wide solution for smart metering in hard-to-reach houses, apartment blocks and commercial premises. Specifically, where the broadcast signal from a smart meter communications hub is not strong enough to reach the gas meter or smart devices in the home. This problem affects around 5% of premises - and if not addressed could leave behind more than a million customers in the transition to a smarter, low-carbon energy sector.
Now entering a critical phase of delivering on their mission we have the privilege of helping them identify an excellent Head of Finance & Business Support. The business has developed a Target Operating Model (TOM) to transition Alt HAN from a Consultancy led Technology Programme to an Employee led Operational business and this a great opportunity for an open, approachable leader to develop, establish and drive the Corporate Operations function to reach the next stage of the businesses evolution.Job Description
Working as part of a collaborative Senior Management Team you will play a key part in making the target operating model a reality, developing the Business Support functions from their current outsourced service to one that meets Alt HAN's enduring needs.
This will include deciding which functions are best served in house and which are best outsourced. The range of Corporate Functions will include Finance and Charging, Human Resources, Information Technology, Office Management and Facilities, Legal support, Business change and also cover such aspects as management and maintenance of our in house Intranet, the Hub. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Managing Director and the Senior Leadership Team in the broader development of Alt HAN.
Key accountabilities will include:
The Successful Applicant
- Building and establishing the functional capabilities of the Business Support Directorate to support Alt HAN;
- Directing and leading the day to day administrative and operational functions of the business. (This includes Finance, IT, HR, Office Management & Facilities, Business Change)
- Ensuring that business operations are efficient and effective and that the management of resources and budgets is properly conducted.
- Overseeing workforce/resource planning, the introduction and induction of new staff and staff development and training.
- Ensuring Alt HAN has a safe, COVID-19 Secure working environment.
- Managing a range of projects on behalf of the Managing Director including setting up a suitable reporting framework to demonstrate that Alt HAN is meeting the short, and medium term departmental and Alt HAN goals.
- Managing the interface and contract management of various outsourced providers (IT, Legal, Facilities etc)
We are looking for a collaborative leader who takes pride in building diverse, inclusive teams to deliver business goals. Ideally this will be combined with a desire to leave a legacy in an organisation and really drive best practices around processes, systems, people and business infrastructure. The TOM's success will largely depend on establishing an effective Business Support Function in 2021 alongside the Customer Operations function to provide the day to day foundations which the other parts of the business will depend on. Hence, this role is absolutely critical to the business and we need an individual who is Intellectually strong, able to solve problems and offers a multi-disciplinary skill set. You are likely to have deep Finance experience and a finance qualifications but ideally this comes with experience across the other corporate functions also.
What's on Offer
- Strong track record of successfully managing and developing a business support function within a senior financial position as part of a Senior Leadership team.
- An in depth knowledge of setting up financially robust, effective office systems and operational processes across the range of business support functions.
- Evidence of a multi-disciplinary knowledge and skill set in addition to Finance which includes a number of the other Business Support functions.
- Experience of contract management and monitoring the outputs of outsourced service providers, ensuring the quality and timeliness of service delivery.
- Demonstrable experience in engaging, influencing and persuading a broad range of stakeholders, building critical relationships to get positive results.
- An inclusive leader and team player, with demonstrable success in building effective teams and who can foster a culture of recognising, developing and retaining diverse skills and talents.
- A compelling communicator with excellent written and verbal communication capabilities and comfortable communicating complex information and concepts to stakeholders at all levels.
- Project management capability, Tech savvy with strong IT skills
- Strong intellect with outstanding analytical abilities and the capability to solve complex problems and manage risk to achieve the right outcome; and
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent.
- Able to thrive within a multi-faceted, fast paced and complex environment and ideally experience in helping put in the right process and systems as it has grown
There is a competitive package on offer.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.Ref Code: