This is an opportunity to contribute to the community within Wakefield by joining an academy trust board. Accord Multi Academy Trust in seeks two non-executive directors with commerical experience. Applications are welcome from all candidates across the professional and commercial spectrum. Board meetings are held largely in Ossett but with the Trust maximizing opportunities in technology to meet remotely where appropriate.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.The opportunity Accord Multi Academy Trust's schools are all located within a few miles of each other, with one primary in Middlestown, one secondary in South Ossett, and the remaining primary and secondary in Horbury. All the trust's four schools, Horbury Academy, Horbury Primary Academy, Middlestown Primary Academy and Ossett Academy and Sixth Form College, are rated Good by Ofsted. The trust employs c.450 staff and has approximately 3,100 pupils, with a budget of c.£20m.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- CEO/General Management or
- Growth Management or
- Corporate/Charity Governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Performance - The trust aims to ensure the highest standards of educational provision and academic progress across all partner academies
- Accountability - Setting out plans and responsibilities to guarantee strong lines of accountability at all levels.
- Growth - Improving and building upon current capacities to achieve sustainable growth.
The Trust Board meets six times a year and meetings last around 90 minutes although one meeting in the calendar is always scheduled to including a visioning session and can be closer to 2 hours. All trustees are invited to join ONE of the two main subcommittees (Finance or Audit & Risk) depending on their skills and interests; subcommittee meetings tend to last around an hour. This translated to around six hours per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.What next?
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at the academy ambassadors website.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.