Operations Manager - Work from home with occasional travel - £32,000 - Permanent
Futures Recruitment Services are proud to be working exclusively with an award-winning charity that works to create a fairer and more inclusive art world. Through our client's exhibitions, active online community and professional training programmes, they provide a platform for artists who find it difficult to access the art world for reasons including health, disability, isolation or social circumstance.
Working closely with and reporting to the Director the ideal candidate will oversee logistics and operations, as well as contribute to the sustainability of the organisation, being responsible for the capture of relevant metrics to demonstrate impact.
The Operations Manager will be involved with the charity's finances and will look to help maximise the profitability of commercial initiatives, you will also be responsible for overseeing the effective running of the organisation including management of a small team, IT, HR and overseeing adherence to the charities' policies and procedures which includes Health and Safety and Data Protection.
Key responsibilities for the Operations Manager:
* Monitor overheads and service provider contracts to achieve operational efficiencies;
* Ensure that the requirements of Arts Council England payments are met, including leading on annual reporting;
* Oversee insurance for the charity and review annually;
* Lead on IT, CRM, data protection (GDPR, Cyber Essentials), website and digital growth;
* Ensure effective home working for the whole team, arranging weekly team meetings and coordinating team reporting;
* Manage and be responsible for securing the resources, equipment, facilities and any other items required for the successful delivery of the programme;
* Review contracts and agreements;
* Oversee the development of audience and digital strategies and plans;
* Develop processes to capture data or metrics to demonstrate and evaluate the impact of the charity;
* Work with the Exhibitions Programme Manager to maximise profits from art sales and other commercial activities.
Essential skills for the Operations Manager:
* Appropriate degree or equivalent work experience;
* Outstanding and proven organisational management experience at an executive or senior level;
* Knowledge of working with funding and regulatory bodies;
* Ability to work with high level funders and stakeholders;
* Ability to manage projects efficiently and effectively;
* Good awareness of employment law and statutory regulations and of the legal issues relating to franchises and sub-contracts;
* Excellent staff development and team building skills;
* Excellent communication and networking skills;
* Passionate about the vision and mission of the charity.
This is a broad role, and we are looking for aptitude rather than an exact match with every element of the job and an ability to work as a key part of a small but high achieving team. However, the ideal candidate will be a driven, dynamic individual with a solid understanding of finances and good commercial nous; digital and strong IT literacy skills will also be essential.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications, and ability to perform the duties of the job.
This vacancy is advertised by Futures Recruitment Services who operate as an employment agency. Due to the high volume of applications received we are not able to reply to each personally and should you not hear from us within 7 days this means your application was not successful on this occasion