Evince Technology Limited has made a fundamental breakthrough in electronics resulting in the first truly new class of semiconductor devices since the 1960's. This has been made possible only by exploiting the unique properties of synthetic-diamond - considered by many to be the ultimate material for electronics - in combination with 21st century semiconductor manufacturing techniques.
We are now entering a high growth phase as we start to roll-out our technology into demanding high value applications such as x-ray generation, space propulsion and high frequency communications. We are therefore seeking to significantly ramp up our existing development team with several new positions available.
We operate in a fast paced, technically demanding environment at the wild-west frontier of a new emerging technology. As well as being technically proficient in your field, you must be: intellectually curious; practical; willing to adapt and learn; and, willing to work closely with your colleagues to tackle challenging problems that require multidisciplinary personal and teamwork skills.
Experience of working in the semiconductor or electron devices industry would be advantageous. However, you should be able to demonstrate an ability to apply understanding gained in your roles to date and adapt it to the development of a completely new strand of electronics.
For this Project Manager role the ideal candidate will be degree qualified, with at least 3 years' experience working on all aspect of programme delivery for projects from R&D through to commercially driven contracts. Some of the dimensions of the roles will include:
Duties and responsibilities:
* Managing the delivery of all aspects of project management for existing and new programmes including programme scope definition, goal and deliverables, risk and mitigation management, adaptable project scheduling, resource management and project documentation and reporting.
* Preparing bids for grants and projects (this is an essential requirement)
* Develop effective relationships and communication channels with all internal and external stakeholders
* Work closely with customers, stakeholder, exec team and technical teams to define and plan tasks to ensure requirements and deliverable are met.
* Owning the outcomes of and managing day to day delivery of activities
* Developing and maintaining project documentation such as prototype manufacturing schedules, project plans, Gantt charts, and risk registers etc.
* Responsible for working with functional owners to manage and monitor resources, budgets and Capex, etc.
* Responsible for delivery of all key milestones/ gates, need to be able to present/ summarise status to higher level management
Skill and Experience:
* Minimum of a degree qualification in engineering or applied science.
* Ideally 3+ years' experience within the semiconductor or equivalent high tech manufacturing environment
* Ideally hold the PRINCE2/ PMP certification
* Demonstrable experience of delivery of complex technical projects and activities.
* Experienced track record of preparing and writing bids for project and grants (this is an essential requirement)
* Proficiency in project management software, such as MS Project (or similar), and MS Office suite.
* Confident communicator with ability to analyse, convey and present complex information at a high level
* Be a curious self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
* Be adaptable and work well in a constantly changing environment
* Have a comprehensive experience in ensuring all the criteria and performance metrics have been met as outlined in the user requirement specification
* Experience of design transfer from R&D to Manufacturing Operations
* Experience of manufacturing scale-up
* Understanding of supply chain logistics and manufacturing technical points
The safety of employees is a top priority. Therefore Evince have implemented strict socially distanced working practices and encourage working from home when it is possible to do so.
£30,000 - £40,000 dependant on experience
The candidate should be eligible to work in the UK.
Interested applicants should email a covering letter highlighting your key skills/ experience and what you can bring to the role (please note this is mandatory - applications will not be considered without one)