Our client is a c£5bn turnover dynamic multi-site growth business - classed as an essential service business - which is expanding both organically and through acquisition. The business operates from a network of c130 depots across the UK.
The business now requires a Finance Business Partner to drive improvement and change in Operations through the use of commercial financial insight, support and challenge to the Operations teams throughout the business. The key purpose of the role is to drive enhanced profitability and efficiency in all aspects of the business's operations through adding value in the decision making process and ensuring best practice.The Role
Reporting to the Finance Director but working closely day-to-day with the Operations Director, key responsibilities include:-
- Strategy: Providing financial insight to the development of Operations strategy, assessing and shaping the most efficient cost base and ensuring rigour in relevant cost control processes;
- Optimisation: Through astute analysis, modelling, development of relevant KPIs and understanding of business processes, work with the Operations leadership team to challenge and improve day-to-day efficiency and productivity in Operations;
- Best Practice: Ensuring implementation of Operations best practice across the group and ensuring consistency throughout;
- Commercial Projects: Key member of the Project team driving implementation of a key depot network optimisation project;
- Strategic Consultancy: Partner Operations Managers in delivering a new initiative aimed at increasing margin and reducing churn through improved customer engagement.
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or ACMA) with at least 3 years' post qualification experience ideally within a fast paced multi-site business;
- Has a natural commercial inclination ie uses financial / analytical skills to sense check the business rationale in any decision;
- A commercially astute, results driven individual possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to build productive relationships with key non-finance personnel whilst providing the requisite level of commercial challenge.
This is an outstanding career opportunity which offers high calibre candidates the opportunity and autonomy to exercise their commercial capabilities in a fast paced high growth business. The ongoing growth of the business continues to generate excellent career progression potential.