Protocol Education is currently hiring for SEMH teachers for a January Start. We are looking for passionate teachers with experience teaching English and Literacy from KS1-KS4 This role is supporting extremely vulnerable young people who are unable to continue in mainstream schooling. These young people may have experienced adverse childhood experiences, toxic stress and trauma; they may be in foster care or living in childrens homes all of which contributes to poor mental health and behavioural difficulties. Teaching these young people is crucial to their continued success as they may have missed a lot of school due to their troubles and require additional assistance to improve both their behaviour and their academic achievement.
MUST have QTS
• Experience in an SEMH environment
• Passionate about their subject and able to pass that passion on to the young people.
• Flexible and Adaptable to the young peoples' needs.
• Compassionate and Understanding of contributing factors which affect the mental wellbeing of the young people.
What Protocol Education can offer you:
• Excellent rates of pay
• Flexible work
• Short-term, long-term, and permanent placements.
• Our commitment to finding you the right school and opportunity.
• Support through all placements
• Eligibility to take part in free training days run by Protocol We have an array of exclusive positions for temporary and permanent contracts.
To sign up or to have a confidential chat call Katie on (phone number removed) or email her (url removed)
Our term time opening hours are 7am-6:30pm Monday to Friday. Please note. We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.0