Fire & Security Engineer
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum OTE 40K plus
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Needs to be local to the above area. Work is around 1hr away from the office at most so no long travel times.
Traditionally a Security systems specialist and newly BAFE accredited my client are looking for an experienced Multi disciplined Fire and Security systems engineer to join our vibrant team.
My client work within a one hour radius of our base, so no long travel times. This allows my client to offer high levels of responsiveness to their customers; we expect you will be as customer focused and committed to delivering the highest standards as we are to our residential and commercial customers.
Duties and Responsibilities of the position:
* Small works, installations, first & second fix, commissioning & servicing of Fire &/or Security systems.
* Commissioning of systems including cause & effect / output programing as required.
* Handovers following completion of works, inclusive of all necessary paperwork.
* Fault finding & remedial works.
* Service & maintenance as required by the team - this is not the focus of the role.
* Technical support to other team members if there are systems on which you are expert.
* Participation in the On Call rota on a 1 in 4 basis, a standby allowance is paid.
Experience & Qualifications required for the role:
* Experience working for a BAFE accredited & SSAIB or NSI regulated company.
* Experience working on Castle Pyronix, Galaxy, Texacom, HikVision, Avigilon, Paxton, BPT, Videx, Kentec, Advanced and Morley. Knowledge of Notifier would be an advantage.
* A broad understanding of the principles of networking, in particular for CCTV.
* Experience working on automated gates (Came, FAAC, BFT) would be a plus.
* Good knowledge of relevant BS5839 and PD6662 regulations & familiarity with appropriate certification.
* A full, clean UK driving licence.
Skills & Attributes of the right candidate:
* Good time management skills, alongside a focused attention to detail.
* Effective communication skills are essential.
* Flexible, motivated and have a desire to learn and provide an excellent level of customer services to our clients.
* Always looking for ways to learn and progress.
* Salary between £30,000 - £35,000 dependant on experience, plus participation in the company bonus scheme.
* Working hours of 0800 - 1700 Monday to Friday with limited travel to site required.
* Pension and 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
* Committed to providing an excellent work-life balance.
* Company vehicle, Laptop and mobile phone.
* Full PPE and Power tools.
* Consistent and periodic relevant training
* Opportunities for progression; we are an ambitious and growing company.
If this sounds like you please call (01254) (phone number removed) or send cv
Please note all employees are required to undergo a DBS check