Our client, based in Gloucestershire, is currently recruiting for a Principal Accountant on a temporary contract for six months.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The day rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified and have a minimum of two years' experience in the sector, however this requirement can be flexible.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Take a lead role in providing, developing and maintaining financial management and accounting services to all the council's services, including the Housing Revenue Account
* Analyse, interpret and communicate financial and other information to influence and enable managers to make effective business decisions
* Regular budget monitoring and reporting variances to Senior Management, Committees and other forums as required
* Preparation of the annual budget and Medium Term Financial Plan and presentation of budget to Committee, Council and other forums as required
* Advise on the rent setting options and calculate annual rents for all housing stock
* Assist in the preparation of the Statement of Accounts, including the Housing Revenue Account final accounts, in accordance with the SORP, the working papers for External Audit and reporting to the Audit and Standards Committee and other forums as required
* Provide accountancy and finance support to strategic projects
* Manage the completion of all statistical returns promptly as required
* Lead and develop the Budget Team
* Attendance at Committee and other meetings to give financial advice
* Advise Senior Officers and Council Members of changes to legislation and the impact on the finances of the Council
* CCAB Qualified (or equivalent)
* Experience of working in a complex public or private sector organisation, at a senior level
* Substantial experience of key financial accounting and financial management principles
* Experience of monitoring budgets and providing advice to managers
* Experience of leading and managing staff, performance management
* 37 hours per week
* Monday - Friday 7am-7pm - flexible working
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Clara Willis.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Principal Accountant; Management Accountant; Budgeting; CCAB; CIMA; ACCA
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don't forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details