GCSE English Tutor (Adult Education) - Hourly Paid (Tuesday evening 6-9pm)
Academic Salary range: (Band 2-6)
Contract: Fixed term unti 15/12/2021 Hourly paid rate £15.52-£18.90 plus holiday pay
Start Date: ASAP
GCSE English Tutor required for our adult evening classes.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team of adult tutors who are passionate about helping adults achieve their potential and grasp opportunities they felt were no longer possible.
The post holder will be expected to:
• Ensure students understand the content of the syllabus by habitually delivering good lessons
• Mark assessments such as tests, mock exams and homework assignments accurately and in a timely fashion
• Closely monitor students' progress and alert relevant parties to emerging issues
• Demonstrate excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
• Have a good understanding of the GCSE specification and assessment criteria
• Hold a PGCE or other level 4 teaching qualification, or demonstrate a commitment to obtain an equivalent qualification on the job
The job-specification provides a long list of the skills and experience we are looking for, but above all we need someone absolutely committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for our students.
Further details can be found in the job description attached.
Please note, we are currently also advertising for a Functional Skills English Tutor and a Pre GCSE-English tutor and these may be combined.
Closing Date: 18/01/2021
PLEASE APPLY NOW - this may be closed once sufficient applications are received.
Cirencester College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment