Category Manager - FM
*Local Council* *£425 per day
The Property Investment and Community FM team in the county council have started to review their strategies. This role will support this project as well as provide support to the business as usual in both councils. This includes Soft and Hard FM for both councils as well as some provision of service to schools.
To form part of both Councils joint Procurement and Contract Management function Leadership Team, supporting both Councils to deliver effective and consistent services and ensure that products and services, within the Facilities Management category, purchased from suppliers represent value for money.
To act as a professional adviser on procurement and contract management matters to Service Leads and other Officers for the Facilities Management category, supporting effective decision making in relation to the procurement of goods and services from suppliers.
Skills and Experience
* To be fully conversant with the Council's Contract Procedure Rules and EU procurement legislation. Ensuring that all procurement projects follow relevant policies and procedures is a key requirement of the post.
* Experience of managing Soft and Hard FM and Property categories including knowledge of JCT and NEC conditions of contract, and decisions around make vs buy.
* Demonstrable experience of working at a strategic level, supporting FM and Property teams to deliver procurement strategies and identify and drive through savings within the categories of spend.
* Full MCIPS or equivalent relevant Business degree or studying towards (see Career Grade Indicators)
* Well developed practical and theoretical understanding and experience of public procurement legislation and other legislation relevant to public sector procurement e.g. Social Value Act 2012
* Broad strategic supply chain knowledge
* Significant strategic procurement experience involving projects having multi-million pound expenditure gained from public and/or private sector
* Experience of NEC contracts and terminology
* Experience in commercially scoping and shaping requirements at pre-procurement stage
* Experience in strategic sourcing / category management across a broad and diverse range of goods and services
* Experience of practical use of Microsoft applications
Please apply with an updated CV