Sweeney's Veterinary is currently seeking an RVN for our client in the Kettering, Northampstonshire area.
Applications from newly qualified RVN's are also welcome aswell as applications from experienced RVN's looking for a new opportunity. These roles are available on iether a full time or a part time basis. The salary will be commensurate with experience.
The Client: Our client has been awarded by a small mammal welfare association and attract clients from all over Europe having been reconised by an international Veterinary Society.
* Puppy Classes
* Nurse clinics
* Laser therapy
* Parasite control
* 24hr hospital services
* Dental care
* Pet health plan
* Carry out work in line with RCVS guidelines and seek advice if you feel these guidelines are being compromised
* Prepare animals for surgery and assisting veterinarians during surgical procedures. These responsibilities include monitoring patient status, anaesthesia and accurate record keeping
* Observe patients pre- and post-surgery and during more extensive periods of hospitalisation. These findings should be recorded on appropriate documents along with the time of medication administration
* Understand why commonly used drugs are chosen and ensure appropriate doses are being used
* Facilitate accurate billing of all surgical and medical patients alongside accurate recording of clinical information
* Possess a high capability in client communication, whilst seeking appropriate help in difficult circumstances. The successful applicant should be prepared to ask others to undertake difficult cases when appropriate
* Take full responsibility for CPD and all other mandatory requirements of continued nursing registration
* Work Pattern: Mon - Fri with rotational weekends and some night shift (no more than 20 per year)
* Contracted Hours: 42hrs per week inclusive of weekends nights.
* Clinical Experience: 1 years + experience
* Qualifications: Relevant Nursing Qualification in Veterinary Medicine.
* Registration: RCVS Registration & Right to work in the UK.
* Salary: commensurate with experience
* Flexible working hours
* CPD actively encouraged and funded
* Paid annual leave
Working with Sweeney's Veterinary:
Sweeney's Veterinary Connects Qualified Veterinary Professionals with Veterinary Hospitals and Practices throughout the UK and are proud to be a trusted supplier. We have relationships with some of the largest employers in the UK and have access to some of the most exclusive and exciting roles on the market