Engineering Manager - Near Bath
Are you an Engineering Manager looking for an exciting opportunity near Bath?
Then get in touch!
A hands-on and proactive Engineering Manager to deliver a range of projects in Defence, Food and Pharma. The role would suit a mechanically biased Engineering Manager who is not afraid to get stuck-in when working on innovative solutions.
* Manage task allocation and priorities within the engineering team including mechanical design, electrical/controls design, and software engineering (frontend/backend). Decisions to allocate and prioritise tasks shall be based on the skillset of individuals and priorities set forth by the Project Manager.
* Support, participate and provide guidance for site surveys to assess the suitability or the feasibility for automation for various industries primarily in the FMCG, pharmaceuticals and defence industries as required.
* Material selection activities for tools and equipment based on given applications.
* The Engineering Manager will be expected to drive brainstorming activities and come up with conceptual solutions for bespoke solutions to address automation needs.
Your skills & experience
* Degree level BEng/BEng (Honours) educated in Mechanical Engineering/Electrical/Electronic or Engineering Management.
* Up to 5 years of Engineering Management experience.
* Must have good working knowledge of using 3D CAD packages - Solidworks 2018 or Creo.
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office packages including Excel.
* Have experience of managing a multi-disciplined team of Mechanical Design Engineers, Controls Engineers and Software Engineers in a fast moving and demanding environment.
* Must have experience of working with robotic packages (industrial/collaborative) including cobot selection, risk assessments and End of Arm Tooling design (mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical).
If you are interested please call Angico Daley on (phone number removed) or apply online
* Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position