Leader Education is currently recruiting for a full time SEND Teacher to work in a special school in the Halifax area. The ideal candidate will have significant SEN/SEMH/EBD experience. The school are seeking a candidate with an English Specialism.
The school supports pupils ages 7 - 18 years. The school offers stability, education and empowerment for each student that considers differentiated learning packages that supports all students to integrate socially, emotionally and educationally. The school offers both vocational subjects and the national curriculum core subjects and aspires for all students to reach their potential.
You will be working with pupils who are often disengaged and display challenging behaviour. Experience working with students with SEND is essential for the role. The role is on a permanent basis and required to start immediately.
This a permanent role and the salary ranges from £23,500 - £30,000 per annum.
The successful candidate will have:
* QTS or equivalent
* The ability to teach a range of subjects across the board including;
* Art & Design
* Modern Foreign Languages (MFL)
* Preparation for working life
* Successful experience supporting students with special educational needs and disabilities
* A non-judgemental and calm approach to behaviours that challenge
* A valid Team Teach qualification or the availability to attend our next training course
* Excellent behaviour management skills
If you think this role is for you please click the 'apply now' button or alternatively please contact Laura at Leader Education on (phone number removed).
Leader Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all applicants must go through a thorough vetting procedure, including enhanced DBS and reference checks