We are currently recruiting for a passionate Room Leader to join our wonderful Woodstock Road Day Nursery and Preschool. Our nursery is situated in Oxford, Oxfordshire.
As a Room Leader working with us, you can expect a competitive salary from £20,000- £27,500 per annum, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs.
* Make accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by effective delivery of the key person approach.
* Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision.
* Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver exceptional care and education and provide feedback to create a consistent approach of early years practice to include but not limited to regular 1:1's, Supervisions and appraisals.
* Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play.
* Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures.
* Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
* Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours.
* Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
* Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers to support the retention and ongoing occupancy growth.
* Post qualified experience of working within the Early Years sector.
* Previous experience of working as a key person.
* Full and relevant Level 3 and or above (equivalent) Childcare qualification.
* Current Paediatric First Aid Current Paediatric First Aid if qualified after 30/06/2016.
We look forward to receiving your application