As Workshop Supervisor the successful applicant will hold a very important role within the business with care being taken at all times to ensure the highest maintenance standards, legal compliance, and safety of the workshop and the wider staff base.
Similarly, ensuring that the companies clients receive the very best service in the most
This is a broad and varied job with duties including:
* Administer daily allocation of workshop tasks
* Plan company routine maintenance, MOT prep / delivery, defect repair, stock in-take.
* Manage financial costings in relation to parts expenditure and workshop hours, including any external supply provision
* Take care of company expenditure, to ensure that all costs are kept to a minimum or set budget.
* Recruitment of new employees within your department
* Execute instructions to your engineering team, through "tool-box talks" so that all staff within your team are fully up to speed on the day to day requirements and longer-term goals
* Attend company meetings, training, seminars and conferences
* Create, reports, review and implement business procedures
* Travel to different locations if required.
* Pre-load required parts for the day ready for the engineers to use to save valuable hours.
* Look for where savings can be made, through the successful negotiation of parts pricing, so that best possible value is achieve whilst maintaining the highest quality of parts.
* Periodic inspections are kept on time
* Answering inbound driver, supplier or workshop calls to deal with issues, enquiries,
including call backs.
* Assisting with the preparation of the company vehicles as necessitated including, jump starts and running repairs.
* Assist in dealing with out of hours vehicle issues to include on-call assistance on a rota system.
If you have previous experience of supervising or managing a workshop team and are looking to join a business with an excellent reputation and training/development opportunities, then apply today!
Hours: 50 hours per week between 6am-6pm with on call at weekends (on a rota)