We are working exclusively with one of the largest Graphite machine facilities in Europe to recruit an engineering manager with strong CNC machining experience
The Engineering Manager will oversee a small team at their facility located on the outskirts of Preston, splitting your time between management responsibilities and hands-on machining. Because of this, we need a communicative team-player who also has a great capacity for attention to detail.
Hours per week: 38, This is 6.00 - 16.00 Monday to Thursday, with 30 minutes unpaid per day for lunch. Approximately 50% of the time to be spent machining.
Engineering Manager duties.
* Comprehends that Health and safety is always No. 1 priority.
* Ensure all work, procedures and facilities are operated/kept in a manner that is safe, to current regulations, yet always striving to excel at all times, if we can improve simply do it.
* Acts as a role model to all other employees from all aspects of work, timekeeping, attitude and behaviour.
* Oversees organization and maintenance of tooling stock and levels.
* Constantly reviews usage of tooling to facilitate best practice
* Ensures operational systems are adhered to by all members of the engineering team at all times.
* Timesheets, route-cards must be accurately completed and overseen to ensure efficiencies are maintained and continuously improved.
* Helps with the planning and scheduling of the production
* Monitors, maintains and strives to improve production standards.
* Provide training and guidance to employees.
* Meet and strive to exceed production targets whilst minimising waste and maintaining quality.
* Encourage a dedicated team culture to increase team performance.
* Responsible for reviewing the current engineering position and adapting plans as required to mitigate risks to employees, cost or schedule.
* Lead continuous improvement activities.
* Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation and maintenance, of facilities and equipment as per production requirements.
* Work with suppliers to obtain parts and continuously explore new initiatives.
* Ensure all equipment and other assets are fit for purpose in compliance with Quality and Safety Standard and best practices.
* Assists with increasing the technical skills of the production team.
* Ensures maintenance of factory and equipment buildings is up to date and the schedule of maintenance is appropriate and correctly logged
* Ensure system programming and data backup is maintained and stored efficiently and effectively.
* Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
* Prepare costings with accuracy and appropriate consideration of yields raw material and machinery/equipment as necessary.
* Maintain the Quality System ISO- 9001:2015 to the standards required.
* Carry out machining of work orders
* Programming mills and lathes etc
* Set-up mills and lathes saws Grinders etc
* Inspection regime to be followed as appropriate
* All necessary paperwork to be completed - Route Cards time sheets etc
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Salary: £30,000.00 per year