Maths TeacherMPS - UPS (£24, 373 - £40, 490)January 2021 or April 2021Milton Keynes Are you a skilled Maths teacher? Are you looking to work in a good school which is progressive and forward-thinking?
We are working with an academy school in the Milton Keynes area to support their recruitment of a Maths teacher to join their department in January 2021. This is a permanent post and would be suitable for an NQT or a more experienced teacher. For suitably experienced Maths teachers with KS5 experience, there is the possibility of a Head of Sixth form role alongside Maths teaching. This additional responsibility would warrant a significant TLR payment.
Relationships between teachers and pupils at the school are consistently positive. Pupils listen carefully and are respectful to one another, which enables teachers to fully focus on pupils' progress in lessons. Pupils enjoys Maths lessons at the school and are engaged in their learning.
The school has high aspirations for their pupils, and they are looking for a teacher who has the same drive and determination to ensure every child succeeds. You will be able to teach KS3 and KS4 Maths, with applications from experienced KS5 teachers highly desirable.Job Purpose:
- Motivate, encourage and enthuse pupils in relation to Maths
- To ensure the highest quality curriculum provision and effective teaching, which promotes learning
- To carry out professional duties of a qualified teacher in accordance with current DfE Teachers Pay & Conditions Document
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, with interviews taking place as and when suitable applications are received. As such, early application is advised.
- Lesson planning and effective delivery to meet the needs of all learners
- Assessment and recording of achievement
- Monitoring of student progress and reporting to parents and other colleagues as appropriate.
- Managing the classroom and resources effectively in order to create a safe, stimulating and positive learning environment for all students
- To maintain positive discipline and promote the well-being and progress of students, providing guidance and advice
- Monitoring patterns of attendance and punctuality
- To engage fully with professional development activities
- Developing positive relationships with colleagues, parents and students, maintaining effective lines of communication
The trust has a strong ethos of student welfare and therefore any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS). For more information please contact John Byrne at Empowering Learning Ltd. on 07934 299 452