Teacher | Visual Impairment
Permanent, Part-Time (14-30 hours a week)
Billingshurst, West Sussex
£33,200 per annum (based on 30 hours a week, pro rata for 14-29 hours)
We have 2 job vacancies available for an engaging Qualified Teacher for Visual Impairment, to join this innovative school, and a successful and friendly team working towards providing leading learning, conductive education and care opportunities for their pupils.
With an excellent reputation, you'll be joining a team with a great ethos at this specialist day and weekly boarding school, catering to pupils with specialist health and education needs, namely within neuro-motor impairments such as; Cerebal Palsy and associated sensory and medical needs.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated individuals with recent experience working with visually impaired children and young people to join a diverse, experience and exciting team. Here you will be delivering a comprehensive and co-ordinated support and teaching for the pupils with visual impairments, promoting inclusion and learning access at all times. You will also be tasked with ensuring technological aids (visual) are appropriate for each individual, and create visual/hearing passports.
Note: Knowledge and experience of working within a Conductive Education setting is not essential, as training will be provided.
* Qualified Teacher within visual impairment (QTVI)
* Recent experience teach children and young people with visual impairment is essential
* Good IT and organisational skills
* Good understanding of; educational legislation, SEN code of practice and OfSTED inspection
* Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
* Pension, Perkbox, good internal progression opportunities, ongoing training and qualification opportunities, employee support helpline and more.
For further information and to apply please submit an up to date copy of your CV, and one of our consultants will be in touch