Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class retailer.
We are now seeking a Senior Finance Analyst to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to shape a fast growing business in an entrepreneurial environment. The role will initially develop reporting tools and processes for a growing business area before transitioning to become finance owner and business partner for key segments.
The successful candidate will have a track record of success in across a number of past finance roles and performing in a fast paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity. They will have curiosity to dive deep into and understand the intricacies of data and its sources and the ability to balance managing small details with high level strategic thinking. They will have strong business partnering skills, working with business teams and leadership to address reporting needs and concisely communicate performance drivers.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Partnering with business leaders to establish reporting metrics. Working with global finance counterparts and business intelligence to develop and maintain automated reports providing key business insight.
• Managing ongoing financial reporting and review cadences. Designing and delivering consistent, accurate review packages for weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews. Contributing financial commentary to business review documents.
• Becoming a trusted partner to decision makers within a key business segment. Generating business insights based on financial results and using them influence leadership.
• Partnering with business stakeholders to analyze and evaluate strategic business decisions. Recommending actions based on analytical findings.
• Financial Planning across business segments. Establishing mechanisms to track performance against plan and contributing regular commentary for business reviews.
• Knowledge of SQL, plus data visualization packages such as Tableau/QuickSight is an advantage
• Demonstrated bias for action and ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
• Comfortable working in cross-functional teams and often in an ambiguous environment
• Ability to invent and simplify processes and put in place tools to create efficiency and automation
• Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills