Our End of Life Services business plays an important role in supporting the bereaved at a very emotional time.
We're looking for a Funeral Coordinator to join our team on a 9 month contract to support a number of our funeral homes. In this role, you'll assist families in organising fitting tributes for their loved ones with compassion and understanding. You'll also, on occasion, be required to assist in funeral preparations in the lead up to, and on the day of a funeral.
You'll need to take pride in what you do and be empathetic and understanding and in turn we'll support you with your career development, giving you all the training and development you need.
- Welcome our clients, making them feel at ease and guiding them through the process
- Be sensitive to families' needs, providing them with a confidential and discreet service
- Look after the deceased in our care, helping doctors with certification and checking personal effects.
- Accurately process funeral arrangements, completing all relevant paperwork
- Support our local communities, building strong relationships while acting as a trusted ambassador for our funeralcare services
- On occasion, collect the deceased and take them to rest at one of our funeral homes.
- Help to dress and prepare the deceased, including preparing for viewing and placing the deceased into the coffin or casket dressed
- Make sure that visits to loved ones in our care are fitting and respectful
- Drive our vehicles with pride and care, whilst maintaining our fleet, ensuring they are in a pristine condition for each funeral
- Act as a bearer on all types of funerals and removals
Key Experience, Knowledge and Skills;
- Highly organised with good administrative and coordination skills
- Accurate and high attention to detail
- IT literate and a competent user of MS Office
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Empathetic with a caring nature
- Proactive and able to plan your time in both busy and quiet periods
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
- Able to work your hours flexibly, including providing cover for holidays, sickness and busy periods
- You'll be lifting and carrying the deceased in a range of environments, so you'll need to be physically fit to do this
- Full driving licence
Careers in our funeral business can be raw and emotional but they can also be poignant, memorable and touching. You'll experience first-hand how your empathy, compassion and understanding are of utmost importance at a time when emotions are running high.
Emotional strength and the drive to get it right first time are important prerequisites when working for this part of our business.