IUC Midwifery Advisor - Crawley & Coxheath - Up to £45 per hour Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- To provide clinical expertise to the emergency operations centre (EOC) when supporting the call triage system and to act as local point of contact for specialist advice to EMA'S (Emergency medical advisors) dispatch staff and crews on the road.
- This will involve giving real time advice to women and their families, carrying out an initial risk assessment and identifying appropriate pathways for women and where applicable provide home management instructions in line with the NHS pathways call triage system to achieve safe and effective outcomes.
- The midwife will be required to give advice to the 999 and 111 services identifying appropriate response times and deployment of specialist resources CCP's (critical care paramedics) based on the clinical situation.
- To work within the Clinical Multi-disciplinary team in managing maternity patients whilst providing clinical advice and guidance on complex issues to other members of the clinical team and or staff from other agencies.
- To work as part of the Clinical Multi-Disciplinary team in providing quality, evidence-based health care to meet the immediate needs of the patient whilst delivering safe, consistent care to an appropriate standard.
What you'll get in return
- Experienced NMC Registered Midwife with 2 years' experience as a minimum.
- Recent intrapartum experience.
- Ability to confidently use a computer and navigate quickly across different applications.
- Current knowledge of local and national policies informing maternity care.
- Understanding of the human factors in relation to safe systems of working
- Demonstrable experience of working in triage environment or intrapartum facility.
- Experience of mentoring in clinical practice
What you need to do now
- Flexible working options available.
- Up to £45 per hour
- Free DBS check
- Opportunity to work on your professional development with a well-known organisation
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.