I am actively looking for an experienced, Fully Qualified, Compliance/ Financial Accountant to work on an initial 3-6 month Contract, Immediate start. (minimum of 3-months but likely to be longer and could go permanent).
Working in a fast paced, dynamic Digital Marketing company, that is rapidly growing through organic growth and by acquisition this is an interesting and challenging opportunity.
As a Financial Accountant you will take full ownership for the preparation of the year end audit file ensuring that all deliverables are prepared accurately, timely and to a high presentational standard.
THIS IS A HANDS ON DOING ROLE, NOT A MAN MANAGEMENT ROLE so the client is looking for professionals who can demonstrate recent experience working in a similar position.
It is essential that the candidate is a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and financial Accountant professionals with an Audit experience would be preferred.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Take full ownership for the preparation of the year end audit file ensuring that all deliverables are prepared accurately, timely and to a high presentational standard.
* Ensure justifiable balance sheet reconciliations are present for all balance sheet accounts making sure they clearly presented and easy to review.
* Investigation into and correction of any balance sheet accounts which need further work.
* Ensure that current year brought forward balances and opening reserves in the year end consolidation report agree to the prior year signed statutory accounts.
* Carry out a full review of the balance sheet and P&L corporation tax positions ensuring these match the prior year tax computations and current year transactions are accounted for correctly.
* Accountable for the year end corporation tax process ensuring all tax packs are completed in a timely manner and provided to our tax advisors along with any additional information requested.
* Responsibility for the calculation and posting of the year end group recharge.
* Assistance with the completion of the December month end / year end process ready for presentation of the final results to the Group FD & CFO.
* Management of the annual US 1099 process alongside our third-party advisor ensuring all relevant information is provided for the completion of the 1099 forms.
* Responsible for the calculation, review and submission of the quarterly VAT returns
* Calculation of the 2020/21 tax year PSA liability alongside our third-party advisor ensuring all relevant information is provided in a timely manner.
* Other ad-hoc tasks provided by the Group FC as and when these arise.
Available for an immediate start the successful candidate MUST HAVE/BE ALL OF the following:
Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
Worked recently as a Financial Accountant/Finance Business Partner in the preparation of the year end audit file
Demonstratable experience of taking full ownership for the preparation of the year end audit file ensuring that all deliverables are prepared accurately, timely and to a high presentational standard.
Strong technical financial/group accounting skill set.
Experience of working in a fast-paced growing SME
Experience of working in a Multi-National SME
Reside within 1 hour commute of Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth & continually changing environment.
A proactive / analytical approach to all aspects of work with the ability to make well thought out decisions & work independently.
Strong attention to detail with the ability to produce neat, concise & easily understood work.
Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
Prior knowledge of Microsoft Navision / Dynamics / Business Central desirable