Data DeveloperLeicester CityC £33,000 p.a.
- Do you enjoy working on autonomous projects while being surrounded by a supportive team?
- Are you looking to work for a company that have a modern environment and the most up to date technology?
- Do you want to work for a company that are at the fore front on product innovation and want to compliment their successful team?
Eileen Richards Recruitment are thrilled to be working with a local, forward-thinking company who are recognised throughout the U.K. for their outstanding reputation.
Our client are now looking for a Data Developer to join their experienced and highly valued IT team in their continued success and growth. Role & Responsibilities of the Data Developer:
- Manage and handle support of in-house applications.
- Create and integrate Kimball Dimension models into a data warehouse from data feeds and any data captured from in house applications.
- Work with SSIS to extract, transform and load the data from these sources into their required destination.
- Alongside SSIS you will be expected to also work with Azure data factory to achieve similar results.
- Design SSRS and power BI reports for the business to consume and analyse their data.
- Work with the Lead Data Developer to agree the team projects and to help set team standards.
- Liaise with key stakeholders within the business to deliver the solution to the spec.
- Collaborate with members of the team to deliver a solution.
- Delivering solutions to help the company:
o Improve client experience
o Streamline processes by introducing new applications
o Increase scalability
o Allow modern working practicesAbout You as the Data Developer:
- Minimum 3-year experience programming in TSQL and utilising all elements of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Full exposure or experience within elements of the BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Good understanding of OLAP data models design
- Passionate to learn and work with new and emerging technologies with a specific focus on Microsoft Azure.
- Ability to read and understand query execution plans in SQL Server and act upon those findings to performance tune and rework existing queries and stored procedures.
- Experience working with Azure data factory, Azure Databricks and Azure Analysis Services
- A good understanding in creating calculations and measures in DAX and the ability to query tabular models using the DAX language for reporting.
- Self-motivated and can work with limited guidance to implement innovative solutions.
- Excellent communicator, both written and spoken
- A thorough understanding of how to integrate projects within Azure DevOps. This includes key elements such as managing code within source control, working from user stories / tasks and building and deploying solutions via pipelines.
- Comfortable in working with 2nd line Service desk support tickets relating to reports and data issues.
- Analytic approach at examining many different sources of data and then making accurate conclusions about them.
- A solid grasp on the industry dynamics, particularly the areas of the BI field.
- A brief understanding of the finance industry specifically pensions which provides a base to build on.
Please note by applying for this role you give consent for ER Recruitment to retain your CV for up to 24 months for the purposes of assisting you to find your next role unless you notify us otherwise.While we aim to get back to all applicants, due to the current situation, if you do not receive a response within seven working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Share Incentive Plan
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Health Cash Plan
ER Recruitment are experienced within eight different sectors consisting of Accountancy and Finance, Construction, Customer Service & Onsite, Directors & Non-Executive, Human Resources, Office (including PA/EA), Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Procurement.
We look forward to helping you in your career in these sectors, so please send a copy of your CV to us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career in these sectors please feel free to refer them to us.
We look forward to hearing from you.