International Pharmaceutical Manufacturer requires an experienced Engineering Maintenance Manager.
About the role:
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for leading a team of maintenance personnel and setting the agenda for advancing the continually evolving maintenance strategy. Whilst this role will have direct leadership of Maintenance, it will operate closely with the projects, facilities and production engineering teams to ensure optimised efficiency of equipment and assets, effective reliability processes are developed, and a cultural shift towards World Class asset management.
Duties may include:
- Responsible for the development and delivery of the Engineering Maintenance Strategy in a safe, quality-focussed and cost-effective manner.
- Drive performance within the teams by setting SMART objectives and monitor progress by carrying out individual performance appraisals.
- Specifically, to develop a Preventive and Predictive maintenance strategy which delivers optimal MTBF and MTTR for all of the assets on site.
- Develop and manage Good Engineering Practices (GEP) within the Maintenance Engineering department, including regularly monitoring engineering standards, housekeeping, adherence to business processes, and both GMP and Safety risks.
- Develop the technical knowledge and capability of the Engineering Maintenance teams to maximise the reliability of plant and processes.
- Manage and continuously improve the Work Order Management process, as to drive efficient execution of maintenance tasks through detailed planning and scheduling.
- Deliver very high levels of PM and Calibration Schedule Compliance.
- Develop and manage the processes for reviewing failure history and work order data in order to create, monitor and act of equipment performance trends.
- Provide technical support during major plant issues or breakdowns.
- Manage an OpEx budget for the Engineering Maintenance team, utilising various operational methodologies such as supplier optimisation, minimal inventories, and asset management techniques
- Interact with support teams (Production Engineering, Production, Site Engineering, Quality, Validation, Capital Projects) via formal meetings and as required on an ad hoc basis to ensure the efficient running of the business.
- Recruit, train and motivate staff promoting multi-skilling as required by the department.
- Participation in "out of normal hours working" will be required in instances of plant failure where the duty call out engineer is unable to resolve the problems
Skills and experience:
- Ability to direct and guide the team towards good practice planning and scheduling engineering activities
- Ability to prioritise and effectively communicate priorities to all levels of the business.
- Ability to effectively assess that the correct failure information has been recorded for significant events.
- Ability to performance manage a group of technical staff with differing abilities and skill sets.
- Process Mapping and Improvement capabilities, specifically with Work Order Management processes.
- Expert knowledge of: Boiler Plant and Equipment, Pure Steam systems, Water Purification and Sterilisation systems, Refrigeration, HVAC, Compressed Air and Electrical Distribution.
- Expert knowledge of: Aseptic Filling Lines, Centrifugation, Lyophilisers, Autoclaves, Sterilisation and Depyrogenation Systems, Clean Room Technology, Ultra-Filtration, and Packaging Lines.
- Experience of leading a team of technical staff.
- Working knowledge of cGMP requirements, with the ability to direct the teams towards best practice.
- Knowledge and experience of ISO 55001 - Asset Management standards
- Knowledge and experience of working under CDM regulations in a GMP environment.
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in a manufacturing related mechanical/electrical discipline, e.g. advance apprenticeship, NVQ 3, Mechanical/Electrical NC/ND C&G Mechanical/Electrical and Electronic technical certificate.
- Applications from candidates with a degree in an engineering related discipline or who are a Chartered Engineer, would be looked on very favourably
- Qualifications / Experience gained in an pharmaceuticals engineering background