We are looking for an experienced and proactive Communications Manager to join us at a time of growth and opportunity to help lead in the organisation's brand image, campaign impact and fundraising potential.
Title: Communications Manager
Main Work Base: 12 Meadway Court, Stevenage SG1 2EF
Hours of Work: Full time (37.5 hours plus unpaid breaks)
Salary Band: £34K - £38K
Mercy Ships is a faith-based charity, bringing safe surgery to people in Africa who have no access to healthcare or money to pay for it. For over 40 years Mercy Ships has visited more than 55 developing nations. Passionate to serve those in need and to leave a lasting impact for the future of those we serve. Our volunteer crew represent our organisation onboard through excellence and diligence. 16 Mercy Ships offices around the world work on fundraising, recruitment and public relations
The UK provides over 100 specialist volunteers to crew the hospital ship 'Africa Mercy' each year, and provides financial resources for surgeries, healthcare, education and local partnership - bringing immediate relief to thousands of individuals and leaving a sustainable legacy of hope and healing in every nation we visit.
About the role
This role offers an exciting opportunity to manage a newly restructured department, with a clear focus on implementing our Strategic Communications Plan.
The role is vital to the successful delivery of Mercy Ships UK strategy and provides the opportunity to help craft the internal and external communications that define our image. You will work in collaboration with, and manage a range of staff and agencies to, support, develop and grow high-profile Christian and mainstream media partnerships. You will be expected to coordinate and deliver innovative inspiring and creative communications.
Experience in line management, project management, social media, marketing functions management and knowledge of PR and media are essential.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience
* An in-depth understanding of the Christian sector
* Strong line management experience
* At least 3 years' experience of delivering communication strategies in the charity sector
* Project management and the ability to coordinate and schedule projects so they deliver on time and on budget
* Experience of working with the media to raise awareness and profile of an organisation and drawing insight and making recommendations for optimising and influencing the design of future campaigns
* Ability to influence individuals at all levels, internally and externally
Closing date: 1st December 2020
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION
To join us in transforming the lives of the forgotten poor, please send a CV and covering letter by 1st December 2020.
Mercy Ships UK is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all individuals and value diversity in our workforce.
No agencies please