Kent - Nurse Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Nurse Manager to join our Client, leading their well-established team and working as a member of the operational management team.
As a Nurse Manager you will be a critical site decision maker alongside the Medical and Clinic Director and will lead the long- term nursing strategy for the clinic as well as being accountable for the day-to-day management of the nursing function. You will manage every aspect of your team and you'll constantly look for ways to improve as an individual, as a team and as a business.
They will ensure that you are fully trained in IVF and associated fertility treatments to enable you to provide information, support and clinical care throughout the patient's journey. You'll also have the peer support of all the Nurse Managers across the Group. There is a strong governance and quality management team and a head office team providing HR, IT, Marketing support to clinics and local management teams.
As a member of our Clients Family, you will utilise your leadership skills to support and deliver their shared values of Integrity, Innovation and Inclusivity. As a Nurse Manager you will be looked to as being Knowledgeable, Caring and having a Can-do approach in all that you do.
They offer unrivalled opportunities and this is an excellent role in which to further develop your career.
What they will do for you
In a culture where hard work is recognised and great results are recognised, you can look forward to a competitive salary. That's on top of a pension scheme, life assurance, and a range of other benefits. They are committed to developing their talent; hence, they work in partnership with recognised academic institutions to offer you and your team professional development opportunities.
* Be an active member of the Clinic's Leadership Team and the Group wide Nurse Manager Team. Attending and contributing to meetings and driving forward the development of the clinic and the wider group Nurse Manager team.
* Manage and coordinate the day to day activities of the team, allocating workloads and responsibilities in an efficient and effective way
* Accountability of recruitment, induction, training, developing and performance management of members of the nursing team
* Act as a role model as a Fertility Nurse and be accountable for own actions undertaking routine Fertility Nurse duties including supporting patients with the consent to treatment process, teaching patients to inject fertility drugs and administer other medications and providing emotional support to patients with empathy and understanding.
* Identify areas of development for yourself and your team within the scope of professional practice and maintain up to date knowledge
* Act as Quality Lead for the department to continually improve processes. Liaise with the local Quality Manager and support with internal audit and actions as required.
Who you are
Great team player? Real people person? Someone who loves leading a team?
As well as being passionate about strategic leadership, you'll need the following skills:
* Essential to have a qualification as a registered nurse or midwife, with current NMC registration
* Proven people-manager experience
* A natural self-starter with the ability to be flexible and empathetic to deliver patient needs
* Ability to prioritise and adapt to meet patient and business need
* Excellent problem-solving and research skills
* Excellent verbal and numerical skills
* Flexible and able to independently judge potential situations, identify and take alternative courses of action without putting the client or business at risk
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Act as an ambassador
* A desire for continuous personal and professional development
Our Client is the one of the largest independent providers of fertility treatments in the world and draw on the knowledge of our wider team of over 600 dedicated doctors, embryologists, nurses and support teams who all work together to ensure our patients get the very best fertility treatment.
Their excellent service to their patients has allowed for market growth which means they continuously seek new and fresh talent to complement their current team as well as developing their people to reach their full potential. Join their team and look forward to a challenging and rewarding role, with great results bringing great opportunity for recognition and promotion across the Group