I am working with an authority in Kent who are looking for a Senior Planning Officer, and they can offer significant remote working. They would be looking for the candidate in January. The role would be working on a mixed caseload of applications on a three month rolling contract.Duties will include:
Candidate's Required Experience:
- Overseeing a mixed caseload of Major applications.
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits and prepare detailed reports.
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions.
- Advise Planning Enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions.
- Mentor junior members of staff.
- Several years' of experience within Local Authorities.
- MRTPI would be beneficial.
- Previous experience with Green belt and AONB also beneficial.
- Private Sector experience is considered.
- Ability to drive and access to own car.
- Rate has been left negotiable dependent on experience.
- Role to more than likely be inside IR35.
- January start.
- A compressed working week and remote working is available.
If you feel your skills and experience would be suited to this role, please call 020 7766 9075 and ask for James.