Are you an experienced School Administrator who has a good knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS)? Are you a good team-worker, able to multi-task and assist in various activities in a busy school office? If you answered yes to these questions then please get in touch!
Randstad Education are currently assisting a school in Wirral Local Authority in the Birkenhead area to recruit for an administrator to cover a vacancy starting in January 2021. The school will be going through the recruitment process eventually, but if you're the right person for the job, you will be in a great position if you are already in a temporary post there! The role is term-time only, ongoing until the permanent post is filled, and is full-time five days per week, 6 hours per day. Applicants MUST have previous experience of working in an educational establishment, as you will be expected to hit the ground running with minimal training and deliver a high standard of work in a fast-paced environment.
This is an amazing opportunity to work as part of a dedicated school team, reporting to the Business Manager and Headteacher. Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment to Randstad you will also benefit from:
- a team of dedicated, professional and friendly specialist School Support Services consultants and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including Covid Awareness
- 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- access to Randstad's benefits package including discounts on holidays and high street stores
- the flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed school team. Responsibilities will include (but this is by no means an exhaustive list):
- Processing of registers and recording attendance, producing reports for SLT
- Visitor procedures and maintaining the single central record
- Basic administration including filing and photocopying
- Collection and processing of cash in the office such as dinner money and trip contributions
- General reception duties like telephone, post and email
- SIMS experience gained from working in a school office is ESSENTIAL
- General administrative skills to a high level, including attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, and the ability to offer great customer service to staff, parents and external parties
- The ability to work with high levels of tact, confidentiality and discretion
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, and we now also have a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as Technicians, Administration and Finance.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match.
If your application is deemed suitable for this position a telephone interview will be offered immediately, instead of the normal face to face meeting, to observe current social distancing measures. All candidates will be required to undergo child protection and UK eligibility checks, and be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. You will also be expected to undertake mandatory Covid Awareness training before being able to start, and will be offered CPD in various other areas to expand your knowledge if you wish.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Catherine Stockford, your specialist Support Services consultant, via email on or by telephone at the office on . We cannot wait to hear from you!