Manages the planning, design, construction and maintenance of physical infrastructures; ensures compliance with relevant building codes and safety regulations.Job title:
Principal Engineer (Highways)Job Description:Job Description
We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.Principal Engineer Highways PermanentLocation:
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Principal Highways Engineer to join Capita Infrastructure's team with the option of being based in Manchester working across a varied range of regional and UK investment projects.
Principal Highways Engineer is a critically important position and role in our organisation with key responsibilities to direct, organise and contribute to the development and implementation of projects and programmes of work whilst undertaking all the technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility, concept design including buildability and value engineering, detailed design, preparation of tender and contract documentation, invitation of tenders and supervision of construction works on site.Responsibilities Guide
- Arranging the procurement of highway improvement works through competitive tendering.
- Preparing schemes for tender using the NEC3 family of Forms of Contract, Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works including use of Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement.
- Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options.
- Supervising and monitoring works on site, making valuations for payment assessments, chairing and managing progress meetings, identification and assessment of additional payments due to variation orders or compensation events, determination of project final accounts and completing the defects period.
Listen | Create | Deliver
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council OR you will already be or fast approaching Chartered Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE).
- Extensive post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures. A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure is one of the UK's largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale.
We have 20 offices in the UK offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or programme, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed.
We work with Public and Private sector organisations to design, build and optimise their property and infrastructure assets. From inception to delivery, we apply our combined expertise to achieve more from the entire built environment. We provide a unique blend of services and expertise, working with our clients to redefine, create and deliver the infrastructure and places where people will prosper.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita through the Capita Career Progression Scheme structured approach, including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications. At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as the basic salary we also give you a company pension scheme and benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, and various private insurance schemes. You will have access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
RE&I JobsWhat we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
"Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership"
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.Location:
United KingdomTime Type:
Full timeContract Type: