Maternity contract to support a leading Chesterfield employer in their UK Finance team in a reporting capacity Your new company
A leading Chesterfield employer, part of a wider global Group, are seeking to appoint to their strong UK finance team.Your new role
Reporting into the Finance Manager within a specialist team of 3, you will take on the role of Senior Reporting Accountant on an interim basis covering maternity leave for 9 months, joining the organisation in early January or sooner.
Your role will primarily provide technical expertise and management account reporting to local management and Group. You will be responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of financial and management information, providing technical advice to the Reporting Team and wider business. In addition there will be Internal and External Audit support, and the calculation and reporting of indirect taxes, National Statistics surveys and ad hoc information requests.
Your role will entail:
What you'll need to succeed
- Delivery of timely and accurate financial reporting and management accounts- 'In the detail' and accuracy focused - delivery driven
- End-to-end responsibility for External / SOX & Internal Audit management and performance reporting
- 20-25% Project work - Lease Accounting, Technical updates, new standards implementation, impact assessments and roll out
- Drive continuous improvement and proactive problem solving
- Technology/systems minded - department contact for system issues with JDE
- Provide technical expertise and support around FRS102 accounting treatments
- Manage indirect taxes reporting timelines and submissions
- Ensure completion and documentation of monthly SOX MRC's (Management Review Controls) and IPE (Information Produced by the Entity) for the Reporting Team
- Provide guidance to other teams on best practice on processes and controls.
- Reconciliation of key/complex Balance Sheet control accounts
- Deputising for the UK Finance Manager
Success in this role will be dependent upon a strong technical accounting knowledge base, experience of financial and management reporting alongside strong business acumen.
You will demonstrate high level of competency with MS Excel, and be literate with ERP system functionality (ideally JD Edwards, however this is not essential).
You will be a qualified accountant with a minimum of 1-2 years PQE, and a background within mid-large organisation size.
You must be technically competent with a strong analytical mindset, demonstrating the ability to work to tight deadlines and with a variety of key stakeholders.What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
You will be able to work from home predominantly for this role however must be within commutable distance from Chesterfield as some office travel will be required.
Salary: up to £42,000 depending on experience
Various competitive benefits commensurate with seniority of role.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.