Our client is a well-established (30 years +), family-run precision engineering company based north of Norwich. They manufacture a unique product and have plans to expand over the next couple of years.
They are seeking a General Manager to work closely with the MD, to manage the shop floor and oversee all aspects of the day to day running of the business.
The company uses a variety of milling, turning, grinding and CNC machines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of Staff - Job allocation/Attendance etc.
- Workflow Management - deadlines
- Tooling system management
- Monitoring and updating MRP system
- Fault-finding and liaison with maintenance engineers
- Management of sub-contractors
- Quality Control/ Compliance
- Liaising with Customers & Suppliers
In addition, working with the office team, you will have overall responsibility for:
- Health & Safety
- Materials Procurement
- Customer Service
- Bookkeeping/Accounting function and Payroll
The successful candidate will have the following Skills/Experience:
- At least 3 years' experience of using engineering plant (milling/grinding etc) - Essential!
- Previous management experience
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision and to deadlines
- A willingness to get involved in the business and 'do whatever needs doing'
- Organisational skills and efficiency shown through good practice
- The ability to contribute to the strategic planning of the business
Whilst it is very important that all the above criteria are met, the owners are looking for someone who they can work with in the long-term and include in their succession planning. You could be at the start of your management career or a time-served manager with a great track record. The salary range reflects this.
This is definitely a 'hands-on' role and an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious company and become an integral part of the business.