Our client are recruiting for a Senior Software Development Engineer
at their Eastbourne facility to develop and maintain PC tools and web-enabled applications to support our product range. Requiring a strong knowledge of C#/.NET and general application development, you will develop customer deliverable, PC-based tools to monitor and support products. The role also includes modifying and maintaining existing software to accommodate new customer requirements, and existing change requests, and providing technical support to service personnel and customer enquiries from the field.Required Skills:
- Microsoft .NET application development, specifically C# and ASP.NET, using Visual Studio 2019 development tools.
- Experience and knowledge of network and serial data communications (e.g. TCP/IP & RS232/485)
- Windows application development using .NET Windows Forms, and WPF
- Inter-component communications (e.g. WCF, Web API (REST), MQTT and Web Sockets)
- SQL development, specifically SQLite and relational database design using Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Full software life-cycle awareness and Agile development (SCRUM)
- Source control (ideally using SVN)
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required
- Virtual Server exposure, including Windows Hyper-V, vSphere/VMWare, OpenBox
- Build processes including Visual Build Pro, Team City
- Data queuing/streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, MSMQ, MQTT)
- Exposure to other database technology, including MongoDB, SQLLite, MySQL, Postgres, Hadoop, InfluxDB
- Experience of working in a manufacturing and/or electronics environment
- Industrial serial comms protocols - Modbus I/O communication, Profibus, EtherCAT
- C++ (Microsoft MFC) COM development
- IEE (Institute of Electrical Engineers) or BCS (British Computer Society) member preferred. A good software/computing BSc or BEng degree preferred, but an equivalent first degree in an engineering discipline would be acceptable.
- Microsoft development qualifications would be an advantage.
Red Recruitment (agency) #REDUK
- A minimum of five years solid experience as a .NET solutions developer (ideally in industrial/engineering applications), as well as experience and knowledge of relational databases.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in applications and web development, a flair for user interface design, and attention to detail. A design portfolio or web link references would be highly desirable.