Avanti Recruitment is currently working exclusively with a privately funded academic research lab (Not for profit) to recruit a highly intelligent Java Developer. The organisation do some incredibly interesting research. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who has an interest in bioinformatics, DNA sequencing, immunology, molecular biology and researching cures for cancer and other diseases.
They are working on multiple projects at the moment including researching a cure for COVID-19.
You will also need to be passionate about coding and data as you will be a standalone coder, working on manipulating huge genome text files, (working with huge amounts of data around DNA sequencing
) coding all the way through to hosting and running the cloud. It's a unique role which could be very rewarding for the right person.Tech stack the company use includes Java, Kotlin, React, Gatsby.js, Spring, AWS, S3, CloudFront, DynamoDB, GraphQL, AppSync, Cognito.Responsibilities:
- Creating command-line applications for the processing of large bioinformatic data sets.
- Building web applications to store and visualize biological data.
- Supporting, monitoring and improving existing in-house software, including CLI software and web applications.
- Degree educated, 2.1 or above in relevant discipline. (Computer Science or Physics, Biology, other Scientific subject)
- Strong Java skills
- Able to work in an agile way, extending existing code to meet new requirements as experiments progress.
- Able to work effectively as a solo developer.
- Experience with AWS - Amplify, S3, AppSync, Lambda, etc.
- Multithreading experience
- Background in bioinformatics.
- Bash scripting.
The position is for a permanent contract, 37.5 hour week (usually 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with half hour lunch and a 3.30pm finish on a Friday, you can start as early as 6:30am if you choose to).
The salary on offer for this position is up to £60,000 + Bonus + Pension Scheme + Private Medical Insurance and Life assurance.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who has an interest in scientific research as well as coding and development.
If this role is of interest then click Apply Now! Or contact Paul at Avanti Recruitment.