We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Job Title -Mechanical Gas Engineer
Location- ManchesterJob title:
Senior Mechanical Gas EngineerJob Description:
An excellent opportunity for a mechanical gas engineer to join our team in Manchester. You will need to possess a suitable engineering qualification (Degree/HND or equivalent) and either Chartered or actively working towards Chartered Status. You will need to be experienced within the UK's gas industry and experienced in designing / planning MP / IP gas infrastructure.What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Producing Feasibility Studies and Conceptual designs on UK Gas projects, including pipelines and AGI's.
- Producing Mechanical / Gas Engineering Detailed Designs on UK gas projects across all pressure tiers.
- Liaise with multidiscipline teams, including CAD Technicians.
- Support Project Manager with project delivery and Design Coordination.
- Liaise with clients to ensure resolution of design queries.
- Keeping updated records to keep track of scheme progress.
- Provide technical support to the project.
About Capita Property & Infrastructure
- Suitable engineering qualification (Degree/HND or equivalent) and either Chartered or actively working towards Chartered Status
- Experience in the UK Gas Industry.
- Experience in designing / planning MP / IP gas infrastructure. (HP experience would be desirable).
- Knowledge of IGEM Standards, including IGEM/TD/1, IGEM/TD/3 and IGEM/TD/13.
- Knowledge of technical specifications for equipment including governors, pipe and fittings.
- Working knowledge of the IGEM/GL/5 process and associated gas industry associated processes (G/17, PS/5, G/35).
At Capita Real estate and infrastructure we are creating tomorrow's prosperous and connected places.
Across the UK, our clients rely on our trusted team of experts delivering ingenious and effective solutions for their projects. From engineering and architectural innovation to environmental sustainability and technologically enabled project delivery, we are renowned for our breadth of expertise and collaborative approach. We're a unique team specialising in infrastructure and buildings; the physical networks which keep the country moving and the places where people and communities can prosper.
Dynamic partners with public and private sector organisations, we find solutions that deliver added value through our specialist project management, engineering & design, health & safety, environmental and digital expertise.What's in it for you?
A competitive basic salary
The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time. Location:
United KingdomTime Type:
Full timeContract Type: