Our client is providing a unique opportunity to be involved in a range of schemes from inception through to completion. They deliver projects right across the UK and further afield from bridge inspections to the design, supervision and maintenance of nationally significant road schemes as well as housing development projects. This role will be based at their offices in Leeds.
The purpose of this role is to help produce the schematic/concept designs for one or more of the following
What will the role involve?
- Highways design projects using AutoCAD and/or Civils 3D
- Drainage design using AutoCAD and/or MicroDrainage
What are we looking for?
- The analysis and design of highways and drainage, progressing to detailed design and approval.
- Involvement in internal project design meetings and preparing correspondence reports.
- Assisting in the production of AutoCAD.and/or Civils 3D drawing information and undertaking quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue.
- Support the senior engineers as and when required.
What makes this role unique?
- HNC/HND/Foundation Degree level in a relevant discipline
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Extensive UK experience using Civil 3D and Micro Drainage
- Competent in the use of MS Office
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Experience of delivering competent civil engineering designs
- Experience of the DMRB and local authority design guidelines
- Experience of Cycle by Design, Roads for All and Sustrans Design documents
- Good CAD and traffic modelling skills
You will also be producing and reviewing detailed design drawings and visiting sites to carry out inspections and/or basic surveying. By working with a team of specialist, market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment, you'll see how their thinking influences yours and vice versa.
If successful, you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our clients' contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be entitled to a range of flexible benefit options and other additional benefits available throughout the year.
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. Please refer to www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.