INFORMATION & DATA EXPLOITATION SPECIALIST - 2 PART TIME POSTSClyst St George, Exeter (Home based for a few months, then with some home based working considered thereafter)Fixed-Term to 31 March 202222.2 hours per weekGrade 6: Salary £18,808 - £20,269 based on 22.2 hours per week.Appointments are normally made at the bottom of the scale.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the large-scale digital transformation of the Fire Service. Our client is radically transforming the way the Fire Service operates with its technology to enable data driven decision making.
Working as part of the Information & Data Exploitation Team within the ICT Department, you will be responsible for reporting on, and advising others how, the data and information the Authority holds can be used to transform the way they work to keep their staff and the public safe.
By working closely with other teams, responsible for Database Management, Data Design Principles and Information Governance, the role will explore opportunities for ongoing improvements around data manipulation, management, and re-use.The successful candidate will have the following qualities:
How to apply for the Information & Data Exploitation Specialist job
- Understanding of data and analysis across a broad range of subject areas such as, but not limited to:
- Databases and querying them (SQL)
- Geospatial data and tooling
- ETL process and tooling
- Understanding of data manipulation in languages such as Python
- Power BI, including its use within a Microsoft 365 environment
- An understanding of Data science and opportunities for its application in public sector
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to explain key concepts to individuals with varying levels of experience and understanding
- The ability to liaise and engage effectively with staff across the organisation
If you have the skills and experience required for this Information & Data Exploitation Specialist job, just click "apply". You will be directed to the company website for the links to the Job Description, Person Specification and how to complete your application for this position.If you are interested in applying please provide evidence to cover each of the 10 areas numbered and underlined on the Person Specification available on the site, as this will provide the basis for shortlisting.
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and diversity in employment. They welcome applications from all sectors of the community, and they aim to recruit a diverse workforce that reflects the people they serve.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Suitable skills and experience include: Information & Data Exploitation Specialist, Data Analyst, IT, ICT, Power BI, SQL, Python, Database Management, Business Analyst, Data Strategist, Reporting Manager