Lead Scientist - NHS COVID-19 Lighthouse Laboratory - Bracknell, Berkshire,
Fixed Term Contract
We are currently seeking Berkshire-based Lead Scientists to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostic laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace Programme.
If you are interested in applying and meet the criteria please apply by the following link https://34DZEaT
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Managing a team of Scientists, evaluating performance and directing members of staff
- Using specialist knowledge and judgement in relation to complex testing and reporting matters
- Discussing and advising others on the performance and interpretation of COVID-19 tests
- Take accountability for reporting of COVID-19 test results, including identifying erroneous results and establishing cause
- Be responsible for quality assurance and final authorisation of results
- Ensuring clinical governance is met
- Facilitating in-house training, testing and certification of staff
In order to be successful, you'll need the following skills and qualifications
- Relevant educational background ie Biomedical Science, Virology or equivalent (ideally HCPC registered, FIBMS or chartered scientist status)
- Substantial and broad experience in a relevant laboratory
- Excellent management experience with technical staff
- Experience in budget management, recruitment and training of scientists
- Excellent timekeeping and able to work on a shift pattern in a 24/7 environment
We also are recruiting for a number of Deputy-Lead Scientists which you may also be considered for.
This role will work on a shift pattern and will include day, evening and weekend shifts. Please speak to our team to learn more.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today. If you are interested in applying and meet the criteria please apply by the following link https://34DZEaT